Sunday, January 23, 2011

Eclipse

Eclipse

I’ll be the world and you the moon

for you are pale and bear her name.

I’m no earth but it’s the same.

You change my tides, make me swoon.

If gravity might draw you near,

all your craters dark I’d mine

and curve cold rivers down your spine.

Wax and wane right here, right here.

Could I be wrong to speak like this?

It’s I who write your poetry

so do you really orbit me?

Our weight is equal when we kiss.

So you’re the moon and I am, too.

Much like the pair that orbit Mars

we’ll chase each other ‘round the stars.

The planets won’t know what to do –

those nosy neighbors disapprove

of two moons that at last collide

for they would travel side by side,

an emblem of forbidden love.

We cannot crash and make rock spark.

At very least we can eclipse.

In blackness we can touch our lips

and leave cruel planets in the dark.

Who cares if this they’ll e’er forgive?

We’ll find in space a space to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment