Saturday, April 21, 2012

Namer of Names

NaPoWriMo Day 21, poem 23/30: Today's poem was inspired by the NaPoWriMo hay(na)ku prompt (the form), a monthly prompt over at Rotary House Experimental (the topic), and an article from the January/February issue of Poets & Writers (the title). I realized that, if I had the chance, I have no idea what I'd name myself.


Namer of Names

It
rained hard
today and while

the
colors stayed,
the gutters clogged

with
words. The
___ shone and

I
waded into
the puddles and

let
the letters
pool around my

ankles.
I will
be the Namer

of
Names, I
will call the

___
in the
sky maybe Stranger.

There
are many
puddles to choose.

I
will slap
wet labels on

each
thing that
I can see.

I
can't hold
the letters long

enough
for a
name for me.

I'm
Believe, I'm
Love, I'm Poem,

I'm
Sorrow. I
have a lot

more
to search
before I find

me
so for
now call me

Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment