Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Red

NaPoWriMo Day 4, Poem 6/30: This one is based on today's prompt - something in the style of the blues song. Not really my style, but here goes.

Inspired by all the Jeanette Winterson I've been reading and the red-haired woman who always shows up to break someone's heart.

Red

I'm waiting for a red-haired girl
Not any kind of red-haired girl
One who walks by and brakes my world

She's got my heart tangled up in her hair
Thousands of hearts tangled up in her hair
I know she's taken, for once I don't care

I'll follow her, wind, sleet, or snow
Right behind her, wind, sleet, or snow
Cross Europe, cross space, wherever she'll go

She loves me little, I give too much
She loves me sometimes, I love too much
I'll do what it takes for her look or her touch

One day she'll vanish in the crowd
One day I'll lose her in the crowd
I'll cry her name but it's just too loud

My eyes are tired, my body aches
I'm just so tired, everything aches
I'll stand by the water and watch for her wake

Gamble like that and you'll only lose
Bet on your heart and you'll only lose
It burns but I've finally found my Muse

I'll write her, write her day and night
All locked up alone through the day and night
For once the words all come out right

No comments:

Post a Comment