Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tension

NaPoWriMo Day 12, Poem 14/30: Today's prompt was a translation poem, something I love doing. They pointed me to Poetry International Web. I picked the Netherlands as my country because I've been reading a lot of Hans Christian Andersen recently, and I picked the oldest poet on their list: Hanny Michaelis. I picked a poem at random, and it ended up leading me to this. Not anywhere near as beautiful as the original but it's a start!


Tension

Creature of the street
I met you waiting in this hell
with your feet unshod and
with false-teared eyes
that see with jealous wonder
the empty night
that spans the men who broke you.
Without the opinions of the wise,
the cracked view of the over-knowing,
into your bed you climb,
returning me to what is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment