Friday, April 27, 2012

Perfect Perfect

NaPoWriMo Day 27, poem 29/30: Today's prompt was a nursery rhyme. While I didn't want to follow that literally, I did take inspiration from the description: "Most nursery rhymes have strong rhythms, use rhyme and repetition extensively, and aren't overly concerned with making sense." That really spoke to my feelings this week - things don't make sense but I'm not concerned, and every day is full of rhythm, rhyme, and repetition.


Perfect Perfect

if we're looking for
nonsensical
here it is-
I don't know when
I stopped
believing but it's been long
enough to forget-
now after years cowered in the dark
anonymous
can I trust in this
rom-com princess story
this instant's connection
a pair of perfect
perfect strangers-
flesh bone and hair
realer than God
too substantial for dreams-
I don't take much
convincing
to close my eyes and leap

2 comments: