Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Three

NaPoWriMo Day 4, Poem 5/30: No prompt, just came up with this on the Metro this morning. So go easy on me, it was only 8:30 AM.

Three

I live a life of three
me and you and someone you love
me and you and someone hurting me

when I was young it was apparent
friends will never work in three
why should love be different?

you loved me before you let her know
you loved another holding me
line up the next, then let go

it's been three times that I've been burned
it's been three times I haven't won
it's been three times I haven't learned

three turns have I lost and hurt
three turns of embarrassed tears
three turns and you're not the worst

time to love not you but me
to take a rest, to muddle through
to start again this life of three
or someday just a life of two

No comments:

Post a Comment